Personal Curriculum

The Michigan Legislature has provided an opportunity for students to slightly modify the State of Michigan graduation requirements. This modification is called a Personal Curriculum (PC). A student and his/her parent or guardian may request a Personal Curriculum for one of four reasons:

  1. Students who are interested in earning additional credits in math, science, English language arts, or foreign languages.

  2. Students who demonstrate a need to reduce the Algebra II requirement in the Michigan Merit Curriculum.

  3. Students transferring from out-of-state or nonpublic schools after completing two years of high school.

  4. Students with an Individualized Education Program (IEP).

While a PC can be requested at any time during a student's high school experience, with the exception of social studies and math, it should be used in limited circumstances after students have had the opportunity to succeed in the Michigan Merit Curriculum.

The Request/or Personal Curriculum form, along with a copy of the student's Educational Development Plan should be submitted to the main office for consideration of a personal curriculum.

Michigan Merit Curriculum Changes